Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sausage Rigatoni Pasta



Hello All!!!! 

I am coming at you from day 5 of quarantine from the Frankhouser household.. today was pretty good. It definitely helped that Brandon was here ( he is still working during the week.) We did manage to get out and breathe in some fresh air..and we were able to tag team it with the kids which helped tremendously. I love my babies and cherish them from the marrow in my bones but as all mamas know.. we need a break. So right now as he is tackling bath time, I am able to type out this recipe, sip some wine, and allow my creative juices to flow. 

I have been writing recipes every day when I can.. sometimes I will be inspired by something I see on Pinterest and then I will race to the fridge to see which ingredients I can sub to make it work or I will think of something that sounds so delicious and then create a recipe which is what I did today.

Pasta is a language.. I swear.. you just feel the love when you take that first bite of rigatoni, oozing with fresh tomato sauce, herbs and mozzarella...it truly makes you feel something. I have SO much sausage on hand so I wanted to use it therefore the base of my recipe was born. You can do this with chicken, or shrimp if you had it ...even fish. You could also make this a vegetarian option and use canned beans, artichoke hearts, and fresh basil.. so pantry staples :) #quarrantinelife 

I don't know about y'all.. but since this whole quarantine we have been sitting at the table more often as a family...we are starting to get a rhythm and I appreciate that aspect of this whole deal. We don't rush to clear the table or yell at each other to bathe the kids.. we make messes and we talk. Anyways I hope that this recipe allows a mama ( or a daddy) to create an amazing meal in the kitchen.. full of love and full of flavor! 

Ingredients:


Rigatoni pasta ( or whatever you can find)
1 lb pork sausage
Pasta sauce 
Heavy whipping cream
Basil
1 Green Bell pepper ( chopped)
1 yellow onion chopped
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
italian seasoning 
avocado oil 

Method:

Start by sautéing your onion in some avocado oil until nice and soft. Next add your sausage until browned.. then add in the garlic and rest of the veggies. Add in your spices and continue to cook down. Add in your sauce and some red wine vinegar. Pop the lid on and simmer for 30 minutes. Heat up a pot with boiling, salted water and put in your pasta. Cook Al Dente. Drain and add pasta to the pot of sauce and veggies. Add in 2 tablespoons whipping cream and stir. Serve with fresh Pecorino Romano  or Italian cheese of choice! Top with fresh basil!

Not a blog worthy picture in the least but we were to hungry to do a good one!



EDIT** I started this post a week ago when I got the idea for this recipe. That is why the timeline is a little different in my anecdotal notes above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baked Snapper with garlic basil sauce

Happy Wednesday!!!! It is SO beautiful outside today!! We started our morning off with a very long and productive run..we stopped...