Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Caramelized onions with Balsamic Mushrooms and Spinach



It is exactly ONE WEEK before we move into our new home!! Truly the main thing keeping me sane is the fact that I am able to still steadily cook in my kitchen. Cooking calms the nerves y'all... but at the same time I cannot wait to start cooking in my new kitchen. Such a gorgeous space and I have SO much fun storage!!! I truly can't wait to start doing some stories in the new kitchen.What a blessing! Anyways- tonight on stories I posted a quick and easy indoor steak recipe. I used my Le Creuset Grill Pan ---->  can be bought  HERE and simply seasoned it with olive oil, salt and pepper. I did use my amazing truffle oil spray linked HERE.. and let me just tell you this spray is such an awesome tool for elevating any simple meal! I used it on my pan to give the steak a truffle finish..but you could also spray it on top of risotto or a vegetable medley.. anything you enjoy the "truffle" taste- this cooking spray is great! I got it in my stocking stuffer :) 

So many of you asked about the veggie side that I did along side the steak! This would be so wonderful with a grilled chicken or fish! It's very versatile and healthy!!!!! 


Ingredients:

1 bag of organic spinach 
2 yellow onions sliced thin
3 cloves of garlic minced
 1 small box of sliced mushrooms ( whatever your choice I typically use bella)
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup dry red wine
olive oil
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese ( shredded)


Method:

Start by sautéing your onions in olive oil over medium high heat.  You will cook these down for about 20 minutes!!!! Continue to babysit them... do not add the salt in until about 15 minutes in. Around the same time add in the balsamic to deglaze the pan as well as the wine. Continue to cook for a minute more then add in the mushrooms, garlic, and spinach. Cook until all are married together. Add your parmesean cheese and turn down low.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Baked Snapper with garlic basil sauce

Happy Wednesday!!!! It is SO beautiful outside today!! We started our morning off with a very long and productive run..we stopped...